Sunday, February 13, 2005

May I Get Your Bags?

I am a bellman at a hotel. The following is one of the cuter anecdotes from my nights of subservience, I mean, servitude. Enjoy.


The other night, I help a family check in. At their van, two of the youngsters are chatting me up as I load their luggage. The girl is maybe 6 or 7 and the boy is maybe 5. They each have stuffed animals and the little girl almost drops hers on the wet ground but catches it before it hits. She says that she is not allowed to get it wet or it will not be as soft. She offers it to me to feel how soft it is and I say that it is indeed very soft and hand it back to her. The little boy hands his to me and says that his is not as soft as his sister's. I feel it and agree that it is not as soft. He looks up at me and says, "yeah, I threw up on it." I smile and hand it back immediately.

A bellman's life. Chapter 6.

No comments: