Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Time for mindless diversions

Well, I don't recall if I heard someone else do this or if I thought it up all on my own, but translating lyrics to another language and then back to English is the new black.

I submit the following fun example:

Elton John's "Crocodile Rock" (English to French and then back to English)

I remember when the rock was young
I and Suzie had so much the recreation
to hold with the hands and the creaming of the stones
had an old gold Chevy and a place of my clean

but the largest blow-of-foot I ever obtained
made a thing called the rock of crocodile
while the other kids rocked around the clock
which we were hopping and bopping to be rocked of crocodile

of well of rock of crocodile is something which shocks
when your feet right cannot keep
me yet never knew that I a better time and me never guesses

mama OH Lawdy of will these Friday nights
when Suzie wore dresses strongly
and to rock of crocodile was out of sight

but the years were passed and the rock just died
Suzie disappeared and on the left hanging a few long nights of the foreign type
to us crying by the machine record
dreaming of my Chevy and my old jean
but they quivers will never kill which we have the
burn to the rock of quickly learning crocodile
as the weeks went to beyond
us really thought that the rock of crocodile would last

No comments: