Friday, February 06, 2009

Feel Good Friday - "I Feel Better Than..."

I'm unsure of the exact wording, but today my 4-year-old asked me, as it turned out, to make her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Whether it was my failing attempt at hearing or her failing attempt at enunciating, what I heard was, "I feel better than Gene Simmons." Wha??

And now I'm reminded of my early record store days. There were three songs that I was really, really into that we would play frequently: "This Is Ponderous" by 2NU, "Me And Elvis" by Human Radio, and "I Feel Better Than James Brown" by the fantastic Was (Not Was).

Enjoy Was (Not Was). And feel good. It's Friday.

1 comment:

matt said...

"can you see what i'm saying?"

holy crap. 2nu. i remember when you turned me onto them. me and my friend jay would listen to that cd a lot.

just found a fan made video of the song. youve probably already seen it but here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xWLahk86I

heh.