Saturday, August 29, 2009

On Adam Gopnik

The older I get, the more I find myself rereading the same books just for the pleasure of their beauty. Adam Gopnik's Paris to the Moon is the one that I go back to the most. My "moment of zen" today was a peaceful bath with opera on the radio and that very fine book in my hands.

Below is a clip of Adam Gopnik from Charlie Rose's green room: At the end he makes a very strong reference to the year 1910 ("such a strange moment in history").. I feel like I should know something about that but it went entirely over my head.

2 comments:

The Old Man and His Dog said...

Strange.. I do the same thing. Tonight it's East of Eden with a warm bath.

Anonymous said...

Adam Gopnik was raving about the 1910 Fruitgum Company..? Which album..? --Pops in Quandry