Friday, July 07, 2006

Bloggers Downtown, While I Work

So, as is typical, I missed another blogger meetup last night b/c of work. Am I becoming mysterious yet? Do people wonder if Chez Bez isn't really some fantastically wealthy and strikingly handsome fellow living on his own private island somewhere but just pretending to be a modest, struggling Nashville local? Maybe WKRN didn't supply the snacks after all. Maybe it was all paid for by some anonymous donor. Some anonymous donor who wants Nashville bloggers like you to be happy and sated.

Whatever. I really just had to work. I shared some M&Ms with three friends last night, but that was the extent of my generosity. While you good people were mingling and drinking downtown, I was doing exciting things like driving hotel guests to the airport. (My fave line of the night as I dropped off two Canadian women at their terminal: "Tell the people at your hotel that we appreciate the ride." Um, how about you just thank the guy who drove you?)

Now, I do wonder if I would have gone even if I had the night off. It is well known that I am a bit shy when it comes to social situations. Going to a bar, no problem. Going to a bar with the intent to meet people, not so cool. But from reading so many posts from so many who attended, it appears that I am not the only person who is more nervous than necessary at times. It's kind of nice to learn this. Maybe next time, with better advance notice, I will attend and get to know some of these writers whose blogs I always enjoy reading.

As I reach out though, I must make one warning. If I invite you all to a bloggers meetup at my apartment on or around June 30 of next year, be aware that it is then that my lease is up and I might be tricking you guys into helping me move. I'm not above that. This last move was a bitch.

One last thing. I saw some great pictures from last night's event and I am a bit disillusioned. Rex from Rex L. Camino just looks like himself. I really wanted him to look like that rascal in his profile pic. Oh well. Gotta go walk around my island, I mean, drive to work.

3 comments:

Sam Davidson said...

I was there. You were missed. But, I already know what you look like.

Jamie said...

I wish you could have been there. Next time...

Rex L. Camino said...

Sorry about that, but imagine me having to live with my own continual dissilusionment.