Sunday, July 09, 2006

Remembering Bobby Thompson

The good people at Steel Guitar Forum got to talking about my step-dad, Bobby Thompson. Here's what they said.

An excerpt: "I remember, back in the day, when I started out as a rhythm player here, I got to work as Bobby's "second" from time to time. The first time I saw him slide a capo to modulate without stopping, I was amazed. He showed me how he did it. The next time we worked together, I slid mine right with him... and he just grinned. He is missed much..."
Michael Douchette

2 comments:

Sharon Collie said...

Thanks for pointing us to that link. I'm a huge Bobby Thompson fan. I hope that your family finds comfort in knowing so many revere and remember him.

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»