Friday, December 30, 2005

When In Doubt, Just Post Some Fave Links

What I want to write about are two things. One topic of interest is my recent trip to Amelia Island. My favorite part of the island is an area called American Beach. It's worth more than what I would just hash out at the moment, so I will be working on a good report of the history of American Beach and my thoughts on it over the next few days. It's a very important part of African-American history, or just American history come to think of it.

The other topic is something that will require some research. I recently came across some old pictures of a trip I made to NYC with my dad back in '91. I have some good memories from that trip but I want to make sure that I get some dates and facts right first. Maybe I'll get that one posted in the next week or two.

So, in absence of anything bigger to write about, I'll just leave with a couple of links that I try to visit daily.

Refdesk - a great reference site

Arts & Letters Daily - articles, new books, and essays

NPR - 'cause I like it

Rocketboom - proof that you can make a lot of money doing something fun and quirky

Concert Blast - a local podcast featuring three guys talking music. I used to do that, but without the podcast.

No comments: