Friday, May 15, 2009

The Acoustic Motorbike


One of my favorite songs by Luka Bloom, "The Acoustic Motorbike," seems perfectly appropriate for Bike-To-Work Week . It even has a lyric about rain, and oh how much it is raining here in Nashville today. I had contemplated riding my borrowed bicycle to work today with some concern about the six mile ride home in the dark when my shift ends at ten o'clock tonight. The thunder outside, however, tells me to cross my fingers and take the car instead.

The borrowed bicycle is a bit old and its pedals are a bit challenging for me anyway. So I'm trying to save up a few hundred bucks for a new one that I'm comfortable with. Target has a few that look pretty nice, but I wonder if I'm better off buying at a place that specializes in bicycles. Questions for another day, I suppose. It's time to drive over that dam and get to work.

Excerpted lyrics from "Acoustic Motorbike" are below:

The day began with a rainbow in the sand
As I cycled into Kerry
Cattle grazing on a steep hillside
Looked well fed, well balanced
Close to the edge

Pedal on, pedal on, pedal on for miles
Pedal on
Pedal on, pedal on, pedal on for miles
Pedal on

I take a break, I close my eyes
And I'm happy as the dolphin
In a quiet spot talking to myself
Talking about the rain
Talking about the rain
All this rain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to look on Craigslist. You might find a really good deal for a great bike.

~TUG