Tuesday, May 05, 2009

That Page Does Not Exist

Remember when I used to use Twitter? That was fun.

My account woke up weird a couple of days ago. I would receive tweets on my phone like normal, but whenever I tried to tweet from my phone, it would create a duplicate account. I followed troubleshooting instructions to no avail and finally gave up this morning. I couldn't even get my phone to temporarily stop receiving tweets which is no good for the battery life. My frustration got the best of me and I deleted the account this morning.

I like the service too much to be done with it and will likely create a new account in a day or so. The problem is that I'm not sure I'll be able to start from scratch properly. My phone is probably still associated with a duplicate account somewhere and won't respond to a request to sync from anything that I create. We'll see. Until then, I'll just have to pretend that the Internet, along with its chatter, doesn't exist when I'm away from home. My phone will simply be a phone. No SMS. No Twitter. Just thoughts in my head to blog about later.

Have a nice day.

2 comments:

The Old Man and His Dog said...

I tried Twitter. Hated it. I can't text for crap on my phone. That'll have to wait til I get a new phone with a qwerty

LeBlanc said...

I like Twitter. Unfortunately for me I have no idea HOW to do it from my phone and figure it will cost me extra to do so. Also, my company blocks the site here at work so I am without my updates all day. You tend to get used to it...and I bet I am more productive because of it...facists.