Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Germino, McDermott, and Himmelman

Researching cars can be exhausting. I'm not complaining though as I am feeling like a very lucky man to be in the position of researching cars. I feel like I'm just a day or two away from no longer walking 13.2 miles a day, not counting the walking that I do while at work. More on that later.

I found myself with Mark Germino's music in my head and went to my CDs only to find that I've once again lost Radartown. With that, I went to Pandora only to find that they know nothing of him. Fair enough. A lot of folks don't. Thankfully, YouTube provided me with what I was looking for. Well, mostly anyway. I wanted to hear "She's A Mystery," but couldn't find it. Still, what a perfect poet he is.

In a musical highlight for me, WRLT's Nashville Sunday Night series, broadcast from 3rd and Lindsley, featured Michael McDermott this week. I was at work but with a radio on and got to hear most of it uninterrupted. He sounded about as good as I've ever heard him and I hope that his audience continues to grow as it should. I'm reminded that I need to get my hands on his brilliant 620 W. Surf once again. I recommend the same to you. Out of print, but well worth the search.

Here's to being off work tonight so that I can watch Peter Himmelman's Furious World for the first time in a month or so. As I was writing this, I received an email update announcing that his guest tonight is the fantastic Joe Henry. Tune in if you can. It's always a fun show.

No comments: