Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Back On The Block

It appears that all is well for the PC...again. So no more library blogging for me...until next time.

Got a touch of wanderlust here. Driving home tonight, I decided that it would be cool if I was driving across the country with a friend, singing loudly along to obscure Warren Zevon songs. But coming home and listening to Santa Monica's KCRW will suffice for now. I will never tire of hearing songs I've never heard before.

For some reason, I got to thinking of old places I used to go to in Nashville when I was a kid. I'll throw out a few names of these special places which no longer exist. Dipper Dan's was an ice cream shop that my dad and I used to go to. There was some diner in Melrose whose name I forget right now; I will say that when I think of that diner, I remember that I used to always play "Black Water" by the Doobie Brothers on the jukebox. My favorite line from that song? "...pretty mama come and take me by the hand..."

Campus Grill was another spot that I loved. That was in the Vandy area and I always called it the Campus Girl. I remember the woman on the storefront sign (neon maybe?) and the cool, tall white hats the cooks wore. And lastly, The Sailmaker was the coolest place ever. All of the waiters and waitresses were all dressed up as characters. For the life of me, I have no idea if they were Disney type characters or generic pirates and such. I just know that little Bez loved the experience of going there all of the time.

It's good to be back to the blog and I hope for the best of health for this computer before me. And big time thanks to Greg for fixing it. I still owe you more beer.

No comments: