Monday, January 02, 2006

Role Reversal

Today is college football bowl day and the Georgia Bulldogs play some team from West Virginia. My lovely wife went to UGA, is manic about her Dawgs and loves college football in general. As for me, I can take it or leave it. I am a big fan of the NFL and root for the Titans and the Bengals but if my team loses, it's no big deal to me. My wife however, needs a few days to herself if her Dawgs drop a game to UT or UF.

And so, today her focus is on the TV and on the TV for her is nothing but football. I told her that it's a good thing that The Gilmore Girls isn't having a marathon on the WB because I love that show and we'd have a fight on our hands over who got to watch what. She just gave me that look that indicated that it wouldn't have been much of a fight. I just smiled, turned on some jazz on the bathroom radio, and took a bubble bath.

I think I've said too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the loss. I guess it was a rough way to start the new year at Chez Bez. Better luck next year