Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday Morning Bits and Pieces

Saturday: 3 miles on the treadmill followed by 5 minutes of heavy lifting followed by a 9 hour work shift.

Sunday: 4 miles on the treadmill followed by 5 minutes of heavy lifting followed by a 9 hour work shift.

Monday: Ow. Ow. Ow. Lactic acid buildup like hell. Hurts to move. Think I'll skip workout and get back to it Tuesday.

Via the blogs, I see that the fair Mellissa of Atlanta is having happy and beautiful travels in little ol' Geneva.

The sexiest of sites for readers like me has a wonderful interview with the always captivating Laura Dern. (Working yet again with David Lynch, the experimental director who always used to frustrate the hell out of me until I figured out the correct way to approach his work.)

I agree wholeheartedly with Jeffraham. And I also love that he rides a Vespa. Most of my driving is within a 5 mile range and rarely use the interstate anyway. Getting up to 90 mpg is something I could easily get used to.

Airline captains travel with beautiful women, even if only for Halloween costumes. (I sent in my resume months ago. Call me.)

Finally, parallel parking for guys like me (who suck at it).

At the recommendation of my friend Leesa, I am watching Dream for an Insomniac. If these first three minutes are any indication, this is going to be a beautiful ride.

That's all for me. Be sure to tip your waitress.

4 comments:

Leesa said...

I read the Dern/Lynch article too.. good read.

Hope you enjoy the movie :)

Pen Ultimate said...

It's not a Vespa -- they's expensive. Mine's a Chinese copy of recent vintage... plenty cool, though. Remote starting (great for pre-detecting IEDs!), alarm, locking helmet carrier and under-seat trunk.
Quiet, fast-enough for surface roads, and fuel-efficient. Cheap as hell to operate.
.

Pen Ultimate said...

Chinese Death Machine, but this is the guy who's no longer selling (or at least not on eBay Motors).
.

Pen Ultimate said...

Another link; might wanna call the guy. I talked to an old boy from Kentucky who saw mine the other day... he said he bought two from this exact guy in Louisiana, and he's been real happy with 'em. He and his wife put 'em on a trailer behind a small RV, and use them for getting around town wherever they land.
.