Saturday, December 13, 2008

Trends are fun to notice.

It seems that every blog I read nowadays is about either hula hooping or cupcakes. I don't know if she's still doing it, but I remember a member of Panty Raid! Dames who lived out my way was even advertising hula hoop lessons on her MySpace page for awhile. Not until looking at some videos posted at The Little One did I fully appreciate how cool some hula hoop tricks could be. Now I'm thinking that I need to buy a hula hoop for my daughter. Heck, maybe I'd get pretty good at hula hooping myself.

Now about those cupcakes. Is it just me or is everyone writing about cupcakes everywhere? I'm no foodie and I don't subscribe to food blogs. Still, I see cupcake recipes and pictures of cupcakes all over the Internet these days. Even one of my favorite sex writers seems to be more about the cupcakes than the sex these days.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share that. Have a great Saturday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the mention! :-) Your little girl can use one of the hoops from the toy store or you could even make one similar to the one SaFire uses in that video for her to learn. I just made my first one outta lightweight irrigation tubing from Lowe's; all the materials (which will make 6 or 7 hoops) cost me as much as the first hoop I bought! If you're interested in making one (or more!) for her or yourself, lemme know & I'll send over the tutorial I used.

The Old Man and His Dog said...

most fun cupcake recipe I know I made for my girls to take to school on their birthdays. Just use the traditional cake mix. Put ice cream cones in a muffin tin and fill them about three quarters of the way with the cake mix and bake. Frost after baking and they look like ice cream cones. Kids love em and they are easy to eat.

Anonymous said...

Ah- thank you for the shout out... that was me when I was in Panty Raid. I dropped the MySpace page... now reachable via the website www.hooprama.com