Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My Best John Cusack

I would hold a boombox over my head, playing Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes" loudly underneath my love's window to prove to her that she's my everything.

I'd be totally cool with lounging around in a house of ill repute discussing Western philosophy with the prostitutes therein.

Who wouldn't want to be a 1920s playwright with the likes of Dianne West and Jennifer Tilly always around?

I'm all about peace and love, but Cusack does have a way of making a hitman going home and attending his class reunion seem pretty cool.

Public service announcement: Don't sleep with the wife of your new coworker. It will mess your life up!

If I ever get a job offer to work on the 7 1/2 floor with Catherine Keener, I will not hesitate to accept, slouch over and look behind every file cabinet for that famous portal.

Most of all, I would love to own a record store, make lists all day long, obsess about every woman who ever left me and wonder why I was left. (Maybe it's because I tend to frequent houses of ill repute to discuss Western philosophy with prostitutes?)

Oh, and I just happen to love dogs.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

oh. sigh. pit a pat goes my heart.

love the new look, the red and black and white, though i've been reading blogs on bloglines now so i don't see it as much. makes it much easier to read those light on dark pages that make my eyes swim.

Anonymous said...

Just don't screw any of that up, lest someone be tempted to throw a way a perfectly good white boy! : )

Heidi said...

this would be an appropriate post to announce that you've been nominated!

go to http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/main/badges
and get your nominated badge, mr. hottest daddy blogger. i tried putting it in my comment, but i'm not allowed, or rather the tag isn't.