Monday, July 13, 2009

"These Items Will Be Held For You"

Library nerd that I am, my favorite emails tend to be the ones from the library branch near me which state that "These Items Will Be Held For You."

Of course, sometimes I wonder what prompted me to request certain titles to begin with. The Very Best of Robert Palmer is currently on the hold shelf under my name. "Addicted To Love" must have been a recent earworm and my brain decided to fight it head on by seeking it out and listening to it on purpose. Actually, it's a pretty good song. I just don't recall requesting the CD. Looking at the track list now, I'm looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.

I'm watching "I Didn't Mean To Turn You On" on YouTube now and it's very mesmerizing. As I remembered it, it's not much of a song and it drags where it sounds like it should move along a bit faster, but watching it now I think it might be a little bit genius. According to the credits, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis have something to do with it and now I hear some of that "Minneapolis sound" that I like so much. Also, the overall tempo is damn near hypnotic.

Anyway, I haven't really written in awhile and I'm forcing it tonight so this is what you get. Me, trying to dissect the music of Robert Palmer in the year 2009. I'll just read your blogs now and post some pictures tomorrow.

Have a nice night.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have been pretty much obsessed with Robert Palmer since the age of thirteen. I love him. I think he is the best. I can not tell you how many times I listened to that album and also Riptide. It's embarrassing but true.