Friday, July 03, 2009

Thinking About Bloggers I Admire

I held back tonight from posting something more long-winded and of the vulnerable variety. I spent a long time typing out its words, but I'll let it live in drafts for a bit and maybe share it later.

Instead, I'll just take this late night moment to say that I'm listening to Bob Dylan's Blood On The Tracks and The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan. "Girl From The North Country" sounds so peaceful and breezy, doesn't it? I'm thinking of Melissa whose blog is named after that song and hoping that she is well. What she shares in pictures and in words never fails to make me happy and/or ponderous.

Also, reminded of another sweet and dreamy blogger, I read a small piece on Asheville's David Wilcox in the Scene tonight. I learned from the short bit that he "recorded his last album in an airstream trailer, while living a carefree, nomadic life with his wife and son." I hope that Holly gets her wish and finds herself someday "owning a coffee shop and an Airstream somewhere in the Appalachians."

Peace to all of my friends. Who's doing what on the fourth? We're considering a trip to East Nashville for the 2009 Music City Hot Chicken Festival in the afternoon and then who knows what for fireworks later. We're available for Tweet-ups or meet-ups or whatever Internet folks like us call being social these days.

1 comment:

holly wynne said...

Thank you. Thank you. That's all I can say.

And my friends and I are trying to figure out where to land on the 4th, so I may see you at the ChickenFest.