Monday, June 13, 2005

Bonnaroom At The Inn


At my hotel this weekend, we had three different types of travelers. Country music fans for CMT's Fan Fest, racing fans for the race at Nashville Speedway, and many a fan and artist for Manchester's Bonnaroo. What do all of these people have in common? They all think that all it does here is rain.

I'm not a racing fan, nor do I really care for country music all that much. Bonnaroo however...how cool it would have been to have gone. I really miss going to shows, but I'm all grown up now (and it helps that I am generally broke). I still fill my head with music; I just do so via the computer. I listen to famous eclectic radio stations on the web and stream tunes with Rhapsody. Currently, thanks to the Garden State soundtrack, The Shins are getting strong airplay in my automobile, and I'm always looking for the next cool thing.

Back at the hotel, I was happy to meet Adam Topol (pictured), drummer for Jack Johnson. An exceptionally nice and cool guy, and he really sounds great on Jack's CDs. He seems to be considering a move to Nashville. I gave him a Nashville Scene, told him about Grimey's, and gave him a glowing review of my fair city. Come on over, Adam. It's sunny today.

No comments: