Sunday, July 24, 2005

I Have A Blog. Where's My Book And Publishing Deal?

I read this in Sunday's NY Times. And if anyone is listening, I too am willing to consider optioning my life and times into an NBC comedy series.

The article is about a NYC blogger named Stephanie Klein and her huge following. She mentions how complete strangers see her on the street and tend to email her later giving their opinions on the guy she might be out with at the time. That should never stop being weird.

It reminds me of when I went to a concert and noticed that the girl next to me was someone whose blog I read daily. I introduced myself and told her that I love her blog. She seemed to get a kick out of that and told her friend, who replied to her, "you're famous!" And immediately the music started, so we didn't get to talk much more.

In thinking later of our short exchange, I thought how strange it was that here I was, next to this person I'd never met before. We'd never spoken to each other, and yet I knew a lot of seemingly trivial stuff about her. Things like: her automobile trouble a few weeks prior, her love of maps and tech stuff like PDAs, and where she ate when she went to New Orleans.

Meanwhile, I wait for my fame. Hey Media, look at me. Did I ever tell you about when I ran across the 40 yard line immediately after the Music City Miracle? There's a movie there, right?

1 comment:

melusina said...

Sounds like Sex & the City all over again (as the article alludes to). Sure, I enjoyed the show, but I don't know if I'd be interested in the same thing all over again.