Saturday, August 20, 2005

Can Someone Please Make This Illegal?

I cringed when the Stones made an exclusive deal with BestBuy some years ago ensuring that their new CD would only be available there for the first few weeks of its release. There have been other similar deals with other artists over the years that gave me the same reaction. So much for the other stores in the community that have supported these artists over the years.


And now, in today's Tennessean I read that Garth Brooks now has an exclusive deal with Wal-Mart. He owns his stuff, so he can do with it as he wishes, but it just strikes me wrong that if you want to buy anything from Mr. Brooks, you can only do so from one store. No matter how much you may prefer another store.

I'm turning into a cranky old man in a hurry.

No comments: