Thursday, February 23, 2006

Got Jobs?

One can only rant and vent about unhappiness for so long before something must be done. And so I gave notice to my employer the other day. My ten week notice has been submitted. Ten week? Why ten? Because I have nothing lined up, I have bills to pay, and bravery takes baby steps.

But May 1st will see the beginning of Mike's next chapter. No more unhappiness. No more "putting up with it." No more arrested development. No more family health insurance. Oops. That last one is the kicker that kept me there as long as it did.

Wish me luck as I seek to find my "lot in life." I'm ready for the next one to be a real winner. The dream job is not hiring right now, but it is once again taking applications. So they will be hiring soon. That's promising but I need something that is hiring in exactly ten weeks. Or sooner.

My family deserves for me to like my job more completely. And they deserve to see me more often than they do now. My time is now. Let me not regret this. I've got it in me to be awesome. I've taken the first step.

11 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Congratulations!

BB Logan said...

CONGRATULATIONS! AND... Check your e-mail. I sent some stuff your way.

Leesa said...

Good luck, I agree with this post 100% :)

Titusina Andronica said...

I think you're doing the right thing! Good luck, I hope you find a super faboo job!

mapgirl said...

Congratulations. Did Karmadgeon inspire you to take this baby step? It's obvious from your blog you have loads of talent and taste. Enjoy the next chapter!

m.

Sam Davidson said...

Wow. Now that's bravery. And I can tell from the above comments you've got a web of support. Step boldly, my friend.

Kat Coble said...

Congratulations.

As someone who quit a crappy but "responsible" job to be a better family member, I can highly recommend it.

I can also say that things definitely have a way of working out even better than you expected.

melusina said...

Good luck! I think you'll do just fine!

Elisa B said...

Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a move you won't regret. The possibilities are endless.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, I'm currently unhappy with my profession. If the right opportunity comes along, I'm leaving it as well!