Saturday, February 25, 2006

Springsteen - 'The Seeger Sessions'

I'm giddy because of the following:

New Springsteen Album Finishing Final Touches

February 25, 2006 12:00 p.m. EST
Joanna Wypior - All Headline News Staff Reporter

New York, NY (AHN) – Reports indicate that Bruce Springsteen is close
to completing work on his upcoming album of cover versions.

With the current working title ‘The Seeger Sessions’, it will feature
songs by American folk legend Pete Seeger.

Better known as ‘The Boss’ to his fans, Springsteen is backed on the
songs by a small group of New Jersey musicians, his wife Patti Scialfa and E
Street Band violinist Soozie Tyrell.

The album is due out in May. Springsteen is also planning a tour to
follow.

1 comment:

ChrisMooreMusic said...

I have to admit, as a BIG fan of recent Bruce Springsteen songs, I haven't piked up the Seeger Sessions yet. I really do like cover songs in moderation, but I wasn't sure that I could go a whole album without a Springsteen original. Maybe I'll give it a shot...