Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Darrin McGavin, R.I.P.


The soft glow of electric sex, forever dimmed. Darrin McGavin, the man who played the father on A Christmas Story, has passed away.

A few memorable quotes:

Mr. Parker: Where's the glue?
Mother: We're out of glue.
Mr. Parker: You used up all the glue on purpose!

****

[Mr. Parker reads a side of the box with the prize that he won]
Mr. Parker: Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian.
Mrs. Parker: Uh, I think that says FRAGILE, dear.
Mr. Parker: Oh, yeah.

****

Mr. Parker: He looks like a deranged Easter Bunny.
Mother: He does not!
Mr. Parker: He does too, he looks like a pink nightmare!

1 comment:

melusina said...

I love that movie. My family used to watch it every Christmas.

My Greek family doesn't understand it so much.

It is sad that he is gone, but I think he lived a pretty full life, and seemed to have died without suffering. You can't beat that!