Friday, December 21, 2007

There goes my dream of a Maynard G. Krebs lifestyle.

I'm looking for a part-time job. Over the span of a mere twenty minutes, I've applied online to three different places. I've perused craigslist and found a plethora of possibilities, many of which look to be not much more than ye good ole pyramid schemes.

The bottom line is this: The current job provides healthcare that is unlikely to be outdone most anywhere else. I'm keeping it as my main gig. They get me from 2-11 any day they want me, without fail. To supplement my income, I'm open to anything that starts hopefully no earlier than eight or nine in the morning and ends no later than one or so. Another possibility is to work somewhere on the other side of the clock. Midnight to four? Something like that.

Hopefully, something will be found that adds dollars to my day and doesn't invade my sleep too much. I'm open to suggestions.

3 comments:

holly wynne said...

I understand (I myself held 2-3 jobs simultaneously for the year I lived in Nashville), but it still worries me. Don't work yourself to death :(.

Kelli said...

Be a morning courtesy clerk at a supermarket.

The Middle Child said...

I could make a suggestion or two... tee hee hee.

Good luck in your search!