Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My first Christmas meme.


Two people tagged me for a meme. It's a Christmas meme. Those people are Holly (such a Christmas name) and Ron (not much of a Christmas name).

Rules for the game include:

1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.

1. Wrapping or gift bags? Gift bags. No question.

2. Real or artificial tree? Artificial.

3. When do you put up the tree? When my wife asks me to get the artificial tree out of the storage closet.

4. When do you take the tree down? When my wife asks me to. I'm a simple man. And agreeable, too.

5. Do you like eggnog? Never had it. I love boiled custard.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Maybe the Death Star?

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? No such thing. Unless the Christmas I caught a girlfriend cheating on me counts. That pretty much sucked.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? The cards go out today. My wife is my hero. Before I got married, I would always buy cards with the best of intentions and then they'd sit on the counter until January unmailed and eventually tossed.

10. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Charlie Brown Christmas. That counts as a movie, right?
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Typically, sometime in the last 48 hours.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom makes a certain snack that I love, but I can't think of its name right now.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear here.

14. Favorite Christmas song? James Brown has a pretty cool one that I heard at work today. "Christmastime Is Here" by the Peanuts gang is the one that really helps me smile though.

15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Optimally, travel. Too broke this year to go anywhere. -sigh-

16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Probably.

17. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither. A Santa hat this year. I guess we couldn't find what usually goes up there.

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Christmas morning.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? My wallet and how I feel about not being able to buy stuff for folks close to me.

20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? I see lots of snowmen. The kids did most of the decorating. This year, I was too busy cutting my toe open to participate.

21. What do you leave for Santa? My wife will choose.

22. Least favorite holiday song? Feliz Navidad. I don't know why. Just make it stop.

23. Favorite ornament? I don't guess I have one. Should I?

My answers reveal to me that I'm even more of a curmudgeon about the holidays than I previously thought. Oh well. At least I smile for the kids.

This is where I'm supposed to tag others to do this. I won't. Instead I'll get back to listening to World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War. I really like it.

2 comments:

Leesa said...

Wow..I used to have THAT Ozzy shirt :)

Kathy T. said...

Well I was going to tag you but was too late. BUT, wanted to tell you I cracked up at Feliz Navidad - didn't even think of it until you mentioned it and YES yo are right. But I still think Grandma & the Reindeer song is worse.