Sunday, March 16, 2008

April 19, 2008 is "Record Store Day"

Celebrate your love for music and the humans who sell it to you by checking out more info on "Record Store Day."

I'll make sure to visit Nashville's own independent record store, Grimey's, on April 19 and buy something I've never heard before that a trusted clerk thinks I'll like.

Nick Hornby, author, High Fidelity, Slam, (among others):
"Yes, yes, I know. It's easier to download music, and probably cheaper. But what's playing on your favourite download store when you walk into it? Nothing, that's what. Who are you going to meet in there? Nobody. Where are the notice boards offering flatshares and vacant slots in bands destined for superstardom? Who's going to tell you to stop listening to that and start listening to this? Go ahead and save yourself a couple of quid. The saving will cost you a career, a set of cool
friends, musical taste and, eventually, your soul. Record stores can't save your life. But they can give you a better one."

2 comments:

holly wynne said...

They've helped me many a time. I, of course, won't be there for it, but breathe it in for me, okay?

Anonymous said...

brilliant.