Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Moby (listen free) Last Night (listen free)


Your favorite minimalist* DJ and mine, Moby, is letting us listen to Last Night, his "love letter to dance music in NYC," for free. Go to MuchMusic and let 'er stream a week before its official release.

I'm currently three songs in and I like it a lot.


*After watching Moby on MTV Cribs and seeing that beautifully clean and spare apartment, I (along with so many others) started thinking of him as quite the hip and cool minimalist. USA Today's Pop Candy host, the lovely Whitney Matheson, took questions from fans and interviewed him a few days ago. Here's what he had to say about that minimalist tag:
Whitney: Yeah, I think about that Cribs episode every time I clean my apartment. Your place is so tidy!

Well, I did two. And the first one is in the apartment I've been in for about 15 years. And the second one I did, I bought this house upstate, and we did Cribs basically the day I moved in, and I hadn't bought any furniture yet. And so I have this reputation now for being a minimalist, when the truth is I just hadn't bought any furniture.

No comments: