Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Get thee to Grimey's...and bring five bucks.


Caitlin Rose's Myspace page has six of her songs available for streaming. If you like them and you are like me, then that's not good enough. Her music must not be restricted to your laptop or your desktop.

Provided I can find five bucks in quarters hidden in my sofa and in the pockets of various dirty jeans, I'll be on my way to Grimey's to buy her Dead Flowers EP this week. It's just that kind of music that must always be close by. Owned... Always with... Driving to and from work, and wherever I may walk, her songs will be there for play.

I suppose that's the compliment. So much music for free out there on the Internet nowadays. Buy it or just stream it at home for free seems often to be the choice. Then why buy? Caitlin Rose's songs, and her voice -that pure and wonderful voice!- make the difference.

My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence.
Edith Sitwell (1887 - 1964)

No comments: