Friday, May 09, 2008

Trying to Wind Down with "Up" Albums

1. Tom Waits - Alice
2. Tom Waits - Blood Money
3. Gogol Bordello - Super Taranta!
4. Fergie - The Dutchess

Work wore my body out tonight. Some nights I stand around hoping that someone, anyone, will require me to do some work. I hardly had time to breathe tonight. No complaints there, but I'm still wide awake at 2 AM as a result of all that hustle and bustle.

I thought I'd wind down to some tunes once I got home, but the choices on my iPod just got more Up and Up. I should have put on Coltrane. Instead I started with the somber beauty of Tom Waits' Alice, but I just went more pop with each album selection. Oh well, the good news is that the kids are healthy and off to school in the morning. After getting up and helping get them ready for their day, it's back to bed until the crack of noon for me.

It's day 3 of an eight day stretch. My next day off is next Thursday and if all goes as requested I'll have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off as well. There's a Sounds game to attend on Friday night and a presentation of Steve Martin's The Underpants at TPAC's Polk Theatre the following night for me. Anyone going to either?

No comments: