Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A blogger friend is on the front page of the New York Times

Lori Stewart, writer of This Just In, was interviewed and photographed for the New York Times in their front page story on the cost of prescription drugs in this tough economy. Her mother suffers from Alzheimer's Disease and, as Lori states in the article, the medication is "literally one-fifth of her income."

It's an important read on a topic that affects so many hard-working families. My best to Lori and everyone else who has to make such tough choices in matters so important. Click below for the story by Stephanie Saul.

Some Cut Back on Prescription Drugs in Sour Economy 

3 comments:

peach said...

I'm living that same nightmare. With all of my health issues, I'm thankful to even have health insurance, so I'm not one to complain. However, the meds that I am on cost well over $1,000 a month. That is my cost, after insurance. Yeah, it's a bitch.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Thanks for the shout out; it's been an interesting week!

Anonymous said...

i'm in the medicare gap right now
and have had to stop taking some of
my medicines as it's either the
medicine or food. next january i'll
start back up taking some of the
medicine again but will stop taking
them again once the gap starts up -
usually in june. one of them costs
$400 just for a month's supply! i
still take a few prescriptions but
not all i'm supposed to take. mom