Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Do I sometimes overanalyze? Sometimes, yes.

"Can I live with you guys?" This is what my 5-year-old son asked me while he was pretending to be the guy who was building my house. "My people don't love me anymore."

Yikes. No matter the age or the game, it stings a bit to hear your kid say such a thing. It makes me wonder where a statement like that comes from. He had been out of control earlier in the morning and I had sent him to his room. Was he still dealing with that on some level?

"Sure you can live with us," I answered. "Who are your people?"

"Ninjas."

Here's thinking all is well.

5 comments:

jane q. public said...

Ok, I know you're being serious, but this kind of cracked me up. It was "my people" and "ninjas" that got me.

Seriously, though, I'd be willing to bet that he's just being imaginative. You know, since I'm an expert on kids. :)

chez bez said...

I'm chalking it up to imagination, too. He cracked me up at "ninjas" as well.

The Old Man and His Dog said...

Ahhh I see you're using the famous "Ninja Builders" for your home. I hear they don't use ladders...they just fly up to the roof to complete the roofing. They stealth-ly sneak in at night and complete the house. NICE!

Bar L. said...

Sounds like all is well....he knows you love him. Its the parents that love their kids that worry that their kids don't know their loved. The parents that don't love their kids don't care ...

Your guy has a great imagination!

ChristinaJade said...

i love it!

puddles' "people" are now hannah montana and the cheetah girls. honestly, i miss the princesses and power rangers. similar to ninjas, except one of them wears pink!