Saturday, November 03, 2007

"...but ain't we got love."

That great C.E. Smith song, "(We're Not) The Jet Set" has been in my head this afternoon. It fits us here at Chez Beziat.
"No, We're not the jet set
We're the old Chevro-let set
Our steak and martinis
Is draft beer with weenies
Our Bach and Tchaikovsky
Is Haggard and Husky
No, we're not the jet set
We're the old Chevro-let set
But ain't we got love"

My Christmas present from her has been confirmed. A renewed subscription to Paste Magazine, a subscription that we had previously canceled due to monetary concerns. Thanks to their new, name-your-price-get-it-for-less-than-a-buck deal, it's back to my mailbox. If this is New Media, I'm loving every minute of it. Looks like I may get the new Radiohead, too.

Now if it was just this easy to buy things for my wife. Georgia football season tickets aren't going for the dollar amount of my choice also, are they?

No comments: