Monday, November 19, 2007

A post not about Peter Himmelman. It's about a former member of his band.

A nice memory from the Peter Himmelman's '94 show at Nashville's Ace of Clubs was a brief conversation I had with backup singer Kristin Mooney afterwards. She was very nice to me and I enjoyed our chat about Peter's profound and beautiful lyrics. Kristin's voice is absolutely lovely.

Have a listen to her own music here. I hate playing the "sounds like" game, as it never seems like a fully fair description of an artist and his or her work, but it is the quickest and easiest way to give the curious an idea of someone's sound. So...when listening to Kristin Mooney, other artists that are brought to mind include Aimee Mann, Sarah McLachlan, Sam Phillips and maybe Patty Scialfa.

I love what I'm hearing.

No comments: