Sunday, November 25, 2007

Her Daisy Rock guitar sure is a beauty.

I was lucky to meet a country music legend the other night. Playing right this minute at the famous Ernest Tubb Midnite Jamboree is this week's host, "The Queen of Rockabilly," Wanda Jackson.

We talked for a bit and she was kind enough to open her guitar case for me. Therein lay her famous pink Daisy Rock guitar. "Made specifically for women," she told me. She's playing it now and everything sounds wonderful. I wish I was at the show, but listening to it live online suffices nicely.

Archives of the Ernest Tubb Midnite Jamboree, live from the Texas Troubadour Theatre, are here. Nashville's musical heritage always makes me smile.

1 comment:

Leesa said...

Sounds like such a neat experience.
Cool guitars too :)

I'm listening to her sing Heartbreak Hotel now.