Monday, January 14, 2008

The obvious title is "Maiden Voyage"

What you might already know is that Iron Maiden lead singer Bruce Dickinson, who is also a pilot, plans to fly the band from city to city on their upcoming tour. The band's plane, dubbed Ed Force 1, is a Boeing 757.

What was reported today is that the plane is being rented out to British Airlines until the Iron Maiden's tour begins. The plane has already been skinned with the band's name on the side and mascot Eddie on the tail. What a kick it would be to be a passenger on that plane! I don't think I'd be listening to "Flight of Icarus" on my iPod though.


h/t Metal Sucks

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

No kidding! How cool to just see it taxi up the runway :)

Metal must be the hot thing this week, I just posted about Judas Priest on my classic rock blog.

BeckEye said...

I think Bruce and John Travolta should air-race for pinks.