Thursday, September 01, 2005

Risky Business, The Later Years

And so it is that my wife and kids will be out of town for the weekend. It's conceivable that I will be off from work Saturday and/or Sunday. The wild plans are as follows:

  • Maybe go against type and take a stab at cleaning out the garage.
  • Swap my digital cable box for one that might actually allow me to watch digital channels without going to black screen and freezing up each and every time.
  • Watch my newly borrowed DVD, Maria Full Of Grace.
  • Watch a lot of IFC and Bravo.
  • Try to find some library books that are way overdue. Could I be anymore cluttered?
  • If the weather is nice, walk around Murfreesboro's downtown area. Get to know my city.
  • Sleep, relax, generally do not much of anything.

That's pretty much it. I am so looking forward to my wild weekend. (I'll probably work the whole weekend though.)

Edited to add: It turns out that yes indeed, I will be working all weekend. So that cuts into my plans of not being productive. But it's just as well. Gotta make that big money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya know Mike, that sounds like the weekend of most guys our age. It kills me to hear these young whipper-snappers talk about being invited to three parties. I dont even know about many parties anymore let alone be invited. Perhaps its time to throw a party. I'll keep you posted and just so you dont worry, I will make sure everyone gets home by 9pm. Cuz we are old ya know. hehehe