Wednesday, March 29, 2006

It's Just That Easy

Last night at work, I was chatting up a 50-something mom while helping her to her hotel room. Her daughter was parking the car and we got on the topic of how much her daughter loves her iPod and how she takes it everywhere she goes. I mentioned how my wife and I are saving so that we can find room in the budget for an iPod as well.

Flippantly, but kindly, the mom replies, "Well, they are everywhere. Just go down to Best Buy and buy one."

I imagine a blog from another time where someone says, "And then she said, 'Let them eat cake.' I mean, can you imagine?"

I guess things in her financial world are a bit different than things in ours. Must be nice. At least she made me smile.

1 comment:

Hurple said...

Ha! Talk about Synergy. I wrote about iPods today too. My musings weren't so kind, however.