Saturday, October 28, 2006

It's The Other Kind

A couple of years ago, I struck up a conversation with a guy who was in the indoor tanning business. He was quite the highly motivated sort. I met him before "I just threw up a little bit in my mouth" entered the nation's lexicon, but everything about his life was awesome! and amazing! and exciting!

Ever the mood killer, I think I asked him something about the dangers to the skin associated with tanning. His answer was instant and beautiful (or dreadful if you are the serious sort). He quickly noted that studies had shown that the rays from tanning beds "do cause cancer. But it's cool because it's not the kind of cancer that kills you."

Um.

Does that work in pickup lines, too? "I should tell you that I do have an STD, but it's cool because it's not the kind of STD that kills you." Try it and get back to me.

No comments: