Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Slut

I came home from work tonight ready to see what the boob tube had in store for me. After scanning my plethora of channels, I found two shows whose topics captured my interest. Of course, I could only choose one.
  1. Letters from the Other Side - A look at four Mexican women and their families, and ways their lives are impacted by immigration. One woman has tried to make a new life for herself and her two daughters by selling cactus products. (2005) Documentary, PBS
  2. Slut - A look at the meaning of the word and the intrigue and fascination associated with it. (2005) Documentary, Sundance
No, you're not allowed to judge me for my choice. And yes, Slut was a bit less intriguing than I had anticipated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly not trying to be crude or funny with this, but I'd actually like to see a documentary on the origins and evolution of the C word and how it was used historically in the woman's lib' movement... I recall someone trying to tell me about it a long time ago and it was somewhat intriguing...

So did they make a good living selling cactus product? Because that could be an option for me!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'm not judging, but I'd have gone for "Letters." Slut sounds too much like a chapter in one of the millions of textbooks I've worked on.