Monday, November 06, 2006

The Beach is Calling

I'm lucky to have the peace and serenity that inspires this post. I type in the soft darkness and consume some beers while I contemplate where I've been, where I am, and where I am going. I listen to the waves of the beautiful and powerful ocean crashing just off in the distance. Hearing the gentle rhythm of Earth's water doing what it has been doing for so many millions of years is exactly what the doctor ordered. It brings to me a very important sense of perspective to this life of mine. My struggles are silly and my fights are quite unnecessary. It's all water and sand, molecules and atoms, crashing around and just trying to fit in.

Wait. I'm in my living room in my Nashville, Tennessee apartment and the sound that I hear is actually just the dishwasher running its cycle. It's cleaning my children's sippy cups and other assorted dishes and glasses. Still, it's very relaxing.

I should do the dishes after midnight more often.

1 comment:

Marianna said...

I like turning mine on right before I go to bed. I feel like I sleep better when I hear the hum. Strange.

M~