Thursday, November 09, 2006

"Love u. Miss u."


Oh, how the timing of that text message was perfect. It came from my wife while I was at work. It was just a random and sweet little reminder of her love for me.

Except that I was also experiencing another little random encounter at the time. I was standing in my hotel lobby talking with one of my coworkers when in walked R. This was the woman I had dated before Paige and I had gotten back together and decided to get married. R. was now married as well and had brought in her newborn baby for some of our mutual friends to see. (She used to work here, too.)

So while politely catching up with an old girlfriend and exchanging niceties, I received that little text message from my beautiful wife, "Love u. Miss u." Women really can sense these things, can't they? I was quick to text back. Finding no need for lengthy and profound eloquence, I replied simply, "U 2." And I smiled for our shared love.

7 comments:

Sam Davidson said...

u 2?

Like the band? Man, music is ALWAYS on your mind!

chez bez said...

LOL

Exactly.

Leesa said...

Sweet :)
I miss text messaging.. my cell won't even work where I live :(

Anonymous said...

Aww. Such a sweetie you are.

John H said...

glad you didn't revert to Dylan..'my back PAGES'...

nice post.

Marianna said...

LOL ~ I've never text'd anyone. I don't even think my cell has that capability! hehe

Your wife is wise.

:)
M~

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Chez Bez is sharp.