Thursday, November 16, 2006

It's Like This

I can't go into the details because I know better than to blog about work.

Suffice to say that I am finally home, I have beers in my belly, and I have Vern Gosdin playing on the stereo.

There's a song in my mood and disposition tonight. But Nashville is full of writers tonight and I'd just rather leave the writing to them. I've finally got walls, beer, music, and solitude. Ten hours on the clock and I'll take my reward.

[Edit to add: The funk is gone. Why? The workplace is a million miles away, Vern Gosdin has run his course, and I am now listening to 1991's fantastic Bone Machine by Tom Waits. I'm back on top.]

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Isn't it amazing what some perfectly chosen music (aided by a couple of adult beverages) can do to right yourself?

Methinks I really need to make some room to set up my stereo and turntable. I feel a need for Sinatra on vinyl.

Anonymous said...

i personally turn to the boss or to willie nelson or to the 'mats whenever i need to remove myself from myself for a while.

vinyl helps. records, not pants.

3 high lifes, 2 sides of the boss and maybe some time in a book and i'm good to go.

Newscoma said...

I get this more than you know.
For me, it's Willie, Cash or Miles.
Been this way all week.