Saturday, February 24, 2007

Independent Spirit Awards Today!

There is only one day a year in which I absolutely demand that I watch what I want to watch on the television. Today is that day. At 4 p.m., IFC will broadcast the Independent Spirit Awards. Hosted for the second consecutive year by Sarah Silverman and held in a tent along a Santa Monica beach, it ain't what the Oscars is. No tuxes or gowns, just comfortable clothes. No red carpet or commercial breaks even, just a focus on making movies on shoestring budgets for the love of making movies on any budget at all.

I live with a three year old and a two year old. What are the chances of me watching it without interruption during any of the following times?

Today at 4 pm on IFC
Today at 9 pm AMC
Tomorrow at 2:15 am IFC
Tomorrow at 6:45 am IFC
Tomorrow at 8 am AMC
Tomorrow at 12:30 pm IFC
Wednesday at 5:30 pm IFC

[Update: I watched the show largely uninterrupted. And the award for steering the kids away from Dad while he watched TV goes to...UGAgrad1995! Thanks, honey.]

1 comment:

Heidi said...

dammit! you made me use up the possible reservations i can make with my library card!

...i tivoed the show and thus could skip ms. silverman and other inane commentary...

i loved the songs, especially the pan's labyrinth song. the best, cuba gooding jr (he could make that joke w me any day) and john waters.

your commentary was great. i can see it: chat room with chez bez during the next worthwhile awards show...