Friday, August 03, 2007

I accept you Paige...

Today is August 3, 2007. Five years ago, she said "I do." So did I. For five years, she's been my beautiful bride. At my side, through it all, and I continue to fall more and more in love with her each and every day.

We fell in love, she waited...and waited...and waited, and I finally asked her to marry me on a nervous day on top of Georgia's Stone Mountain. Even though we were already planning how our wedding would be, I still managed to surprise her with that proposal and that ring. She said yes and we embraced and she cried. Afterward, I asked a passerby if he would take our picture. I told him that I just asked her to marry me. With the most serious look of curiosity, he asked me what she said. I still laugh at that. Would I have wanted to document the moment with a picture had she said no? What kind of masochist did he think I was?

A few short months later, we stood in the small church in Fernandina Beach, Florida, and we exchanged vows:

I accept you Paige,
as a person, and as my wife,
with your strengths and your weaknesses.
I promise to be loyal to you in health
or illness,
to share what I have and who I am,
to love enough to risk being hurt,
to trust when I misunderstand,
to weep with you in sorrow,
to celebrate with you in joy,
and to live with you in reverence.

11 comments:

holly wynne said...

Ahhh, that's beautiful. Congratulations.

Nice to have my belief in love confirmed in the morning :).

Slartibartfast said...

Congratulations!

We really hit our stride after the 5 year mark. It gets better and better each year.

You'll see.

Once again, congrats!

Melissa said...

i think i threw up a little in my mouth...
totally kidding.

Happy Anniversary!

The Middle Child said...

Awwwwwwwwww, I'm tearing up over here! I hope you have 60+ more wonderful years together!

Kristina and Ingo said...

What a lovely, moving tribute to your bride! You two are such a beautiful couple and I congratulate you on five years. My wish is that you enjoy your day and that your love continues to grow with each passing year.

melusina said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! Here's to (at least) fifty more!

chez bez said...

Thanks everyone. It is pretty nice to find yourself coupled up with exactly the right person.

Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaaaaaaaapy Anniversary!

Leesa said...

Happy Anniversary :)

GingerSnaps said...

*sniffle* *sniffle*

That post is better than anything Hallmark could come up with. ;)

Happy Anniversary