Sunday, August 05, 2007

Plant, Krauss to cover Tom Waits

Billboard.com reports that Robert Plant and Allison Krauss will cover Tom Waits' "Trampled Rose" on their upcoming collaborative effort, Raising Sand. The project will also feature the always fantastic Marc Ribot on guitar. Ribot has previously played on Waits' albums, Rain Dogs, Big Time, Frank's Wild Years, Mule Variations and Real Gone.

I look forward to hearing it. I have every faith that it'll be a thing of beauty. Raising Sand will be released on October 23 by Rounder Records.

2 comments:

Cup said...

I haven't heard of this collaboration. It sounds amazing in my head; can't wait for late October!

chez bez said...

Same here. There's also someone scoring an opera using some Tom Waits material as well. I wonder when Tom's next album of new material will be.