Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Awkward Moment Of The Week

I was standing by their cart of luggage as they had just checked out of their hotel room; the patriarch was getting the car. Mom was distracted on her cell phone and their five-year-old child was the hyperactive sort and quite pudgy at such a young age and bouncing all over the place. He was cute enough and I could appreciate his youthful starvation for attention.

Kids and I always have a good time. They tell me their names and I shake their hands and tell them I'm glad to meet them. They tell me about their annoying sisters and I tell them that I can relate. I love interacting with the kiddos. But this young man just looked up and into my eyes and sang, "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?" What do you say to that? That was just weird as hell.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

uh, omg.

Anonymous said...

**snort**

Newscoma said...

Heh.
That made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I would have laughed very hard

The Middle Child said...

My son has the most annoying habit of singing that song at the worst times! I should have never let him listen to it.... but then again, it's all over the radio.
Funny, but not.

Kids!

Unknown said...

Weird, I can imagine you coming to the desk to tell me that story right after it happened... Yeah, I know, not gonna happen...