Sunday, July 29, 2007

Blair Brings The Music Online

In the 2001-2002 season of my life, I was living in Nashville's Hillsboro Village area. There was one month when my car wouldn't run and I found myself limited to things within walking distance or on the bus route. The beautiful thing about Hillsboro Village is that just about everything you could possibly need or want is always within walking distance. Rare exceptions were easily accessible with MTA bus route #7.

One of my favorite things to do was to take an evening walk down to The Blair School of Music. I enjoyed so may recitals performed by its students. So often for free and so often on par with anything I might hear for so much more elsewhere. Nashville now has the beautiful Schermerhorn Symphony Hall where one can hear our own Nashville Symphony or any number of gala events. As awesome as an event at the Schermerhorn is, folks on my budget aren't likely to find themselves listening to its concerts often at all.

Thankfully, Blair School of Music's concert series is still as strong and vibrant as ever. And if you find yourself without transportation and find that it's not quite in walking distance for you, the good news is that many of the concerts are now online. Click here, sit back and enjoy the music.

No comments: