Sunday, July 22, 2007

"This Is Ponderous, Man"

There's this radio show that I heard about on This American Life a few weeks ago. It's called Radio Lab and it's my new favorite thing. Two men, Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich, discuss and investigate the science behind the concepts of memory, self-awareness and morality. Give it a listen, smile and learn a bit.

A few weeks back, I found a very interesting podcast called The Joe Frank Show. It reminded me of a CD I used to listen to back in my record store days. I fell in love with a quirky little project called 2NU. The CD was entitled This Is Ponderous and was spoken word for the most part accompanied by sound effects and odd ethereal noises. We sold more than a few copies of This Is Ponderous from in-store play. Kick back on a quiet night, go to 2NU2 and listen to "This Is Ponderous" on the music page. It calls to mind the more popular and similarly produced "Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)" by Baz Luhrmann. It's cool.

That is all. Off to work. Again.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

C & H are always hilarious too. There's too much funny on the internet. :)