Saturday, March 10, 2007

Beauty may be subjective, but I'm right about this.

It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon. The kids are napping and the house is quiet. It's the perfect time for my lovely wife and I to discuss serious issues in epistemology. But while we could talk and listen and learn all day long, I only really want to know one thing: What is it about Halle Berry that makes her so much more beautiful than every other living thing?

She's beautiful, yes, but when I ask around, no one else seems to have a chance. Almost every man I know gets all googly-eyed with any mention of Halle Berry. Just about every woman I talk to can think of no one prettier. When did she become the default image for perfect beauty? Personally, I'm more of a Beyonce man. But I bring up Beyonce to my wife and she's not swayed. There's just something about Halle, she says. Whatever. Beyonce's prettier.

5 comments:

Leesa said...

I must be one of the odd ones too, because I don't think Halle's all that either :)

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Ilaiy struggles with pronouncing "Halle Berry"...he always refers to her as "Harry Belly" and never realizes it; we scream and laugh every time.

Anonymous said...

Embrace the power of "and." :)

chez bez said...

Indeed, Kate. ;)

Lori - That's hilarious. She'll forever be Harry Belly to me now.

Leesa - The odd shall inherit the earth. Or something like that.

Anonymous said...

sorry, darlin', Paige is right on this one - Halle is definitely one
tough chick. Beyonce is for sure
gorgeous, but there's just some-
thing about Halle ...
mom