Saturday, June 16, 2007

Fast Talk About Fast Money On CNBC

While on my break the other night, the breakroom tv was on CNBC. A program called Fast Money was on. I didn't pay it much mind at first as my intention was to read from my Bukowski book. More and more, the show kept distracting me from the pages before me. It sounded like some NFL pre-game show and I had to keep looking up to remind myself that it was just a bunch of guys talking money.

I finally gave up on Buk and gave my full attention to Fast Money. The topic might have been stocks and bonds, but the feel was absolutely four guys talking football. I even decided who was the Terry Bradshaw of the group and who was Howie Long. Then they interviewed someone who was not at the big desk among them and I'll be darned if he didn't happen to look exactly like Cris Collinsworth.

I don't know the first thing about making money - I'm sad to say - but it's fascinating to follow the business world. I sit at a breakroom table of an international company which is worth billions, earning a yearly wage which is too embarrassing to mention here (apologies to my dependents), watching a program which seems to exist to educate me but is probably just there to entertain me.

Well, entertain me it did. I'm going to try to time my breaks so that I can watch Fast Money each night. I'll eat my Ramen noodles and keep dreaming of fast money finding its way to me.

[I need a part-time job. I'm available from 9 AM until 1 PM each day. Just throwing that out there.]

No comments: